Your new design will be uploaded in:
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.



The Governors are the employers and are responsible for appointing staff.

The Governing Body 2019/20 consists of:


Mrs K Ellidge    Headteacher  
Mrs W Harvey   Chair of Governors Foundation 
Rev L Hilliard   Vice Chair Foundation
Miss S Spencer     Foundation
Mr H Simpson    Chair of Resources Foundation
Afaira Gulrez     LASGB
Nazma Shajat      Parent
Vacancy     Parent
Mrs J Hartley     Staff Governor
Mrs M Dugdale Foundation
Mr F Higson     Foundation
 Mrs K Macdonald     Observer

Much of the work of the Governing body is achieved through its committees:

  • Admissions/Grievance/Performance Management
  • Finance/Health & Safety
  • Curriculum/Staffing
  • SEC – School Effectiveness Committee

Our Chair of Governors Miss M. Thacker can be contacted through the school office.

Our Clerk to Governors is  who can be contacted through the school office.



The full governing body meets once each term and apart from specific responsibilities for curriculum, finance and employment it has responsibility for overall School strategy. The Governors visit school regularly in order to keep abreast of the quality of provision which we offer.

In consultation with the Headteacher they are responsible for the Finance, Curriculum, Management and Discipline of the school. They have regular full meetings and work the Headteacher, Diocese and Local Authority to enable the school to perform its functions. Governors are re-elected every four years.

Whilst not directly involved in the day to day running of the school (this is the role of the Headteacher and school staff) the governors are there to offer advice, expertise and to work with the school to help it provide facilities and policies which allow all pupils and staff to develop and achieve to the best of their potential.

The Governing Body acts as a critical friend and works with the school to help it be successful as well as to question what we do and make us accountable.

In a Voluntary Aided School the Governors are Trustees of the premises. They are responsible for all maintenance, repairs, improvements and extensions. Major work and improvements attract a 90% grant from the D f E. The remaining 10% and minor improvement costs have to be met by the Governing body.

.Governors Action Plan 2019/20

Governors Action Plan 2018/19

Governors Action Plan 2017/18

Governors Action Plan 2016/17 in response to SIAMs inspection